The information we collect
As part of you using our Website(s) and during the course of us providing products and/or services to you, we may collect, use, store and transfer the following types of information about you:
- Identity information including your name, title, gender and date of birth;
- Contact information including your address, email address and telephone numbers;
- Financial information including bank details and credit/debit card information;
- Technical information including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and other technology on the devices you use to access our Website(s);
- Profile information including your username and password; and
- Communication information including your correspondence with us and any feedback that you provide us with.
How and when do we collect your personal informationWe collect the majority of the personal information that we process about you directly from you when you provide this information to us by:
- registering on our Website(s) for an online account or otherwise contact us to obtain information relating to us or our products and/or services;
- placing orders on our Website(s);
- updating your online account on our Website(s);
- communicating with us by telephone, email or otherwise; and/or
- subscribing to our newsletter.
Information from other sources
We may also receive personal information about you from various third parties that we engage in order to assist us with providing products and/or services to you, including:
- delivery and address information from our carriers who deliver products to you;
- marketing information from marketing companies who send customer communications and direct marketing materials on our behalf;
- data analytics information from companies that provide us with data analytics services; and
- information on your account, payment and credit history, including information from credit bureaus and sources we use to process payments.
If we request that you do so and you fail to provide information to us, we may be prevented from exercising our rights and obligation and, in particular, we may be prevented from providing the products and/or services that you have asked us to provide. For example, if you fail to provide us with your full address details, it may not be possible for us to fulfil your delivery, or if you fail to provide us with your payment details, we will not be able to process payments for our products and cannot therefore supply them to you.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to register you as a new customer;
- to respond to your enquiries and complaints, and to manage our relationship with you;
- to handle orders, deliver items and process payments;
- to communicate with you about updates, orders, products, services and promotional offers;
- to update our records and maintain any online account you may have with us;
- to administer and protect our business and our Websites including to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our Websites;
- for market research, reporting, analysis and modelling so as to improve the products and services we provide;
- to comply with our financial record keeping obligations;
- to use data analytics to improve our Websites, products, services and user experiences; and
- to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
By law, when processing your personal information, we are required to have a legal basis to do so. A legal basis is essentially a legal justification for processing your personal information. The legal basis we use to process your personal information will generally be one or more of the following:
- to enable us to perform the contracts that we have with you to supply you with products and/or services;
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests in administering and managing our relationship with you, providing you with products and/or services, and running our business lawfully and effectively; or
- to enable us to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Sometimes we may ask for your consent to use your information for particular purposes (for example, to send you marketing communications). Where we do so, this consent will be our legal basis for our use of the information. You can withdraw your consent at any time and we will then stop processing your information for that purpose. If you wish to withdraw your consent, then please contact us using our Contact Us information.
How do we use your personal information for marketing purposes
If you are an existing customer or you have consented to receiving marketing communications, we may send you information by email and/or by post on any news, events or offers about our products and/or services that we believe may be of interest to you. Please note, if you do not choose to receive this information, we will be unable to keep you informed of any news, events or offers regarding our products and services.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages (whether by email or by post) or at any time by sending a request using our Contact Us information.
We want to ensure that you enjoy the best experience of all we have to offer, whether it be the shopping experience you have on our Website(s) or through our communications with you. We believe sharing timely and relevant information with you provides a more tailored and better experience. We achieve this by combining all the data we have about you; how you have previously used our Website(s), the products you have purchased and how you have responded to our direct communications. This enables us to showcase to you a more relevant set of products on our Website(s) and share news of the most relevant products, events and offers. The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and our promise to provide the highest levels of service.
If you wish to change how we use your data, please email using our Contact Us information. Please note that if you choose not to share your personal details with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some of the services you have asked for.
When do we share your personal information
We only share your personal information with third parties where necessary so that they can assist us in providing products and/or services to you.
Where we share your personal information with third parties who process your information on our behalf, they will only process your information on our instructions and we will remain responsible for ensuring that it is protected and processed lawfully.
Where we share your personal information with third parties who process it for their own purposes (such as government bodies), those third parties will have their own legal obligations to protect your information and you will have legal rights that you can enforce directly against them.
In particular, we may share your personal information with third parties for the following purposes:
- we may need to share your personal information with other companies who we engage to perform functions on our behalf including fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending customer communications, analysing data, processing payments and providing customer services. They will have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes
- if we sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or our assets, or seek to acquire another business or merge with them, we may share your personal information with the other party to the transaction;
- where it is necessary to prevent fraud or reduce credit risk, we may share your personal information with other companies and organisations; and
- where requested or if we consider that it is reasonably required, we may share your personal information with government bodies, regulatory bodies or law enforcement organisations so that they can carry out their legal functions.
In some instances, we (or the third parties that we share your personal information with) may transfer, process, hold or allow access to your personal information outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Where this occurs, we will put adequate safeguards in place to ensure that your personal information is protected in a manner that is consistent with how it would be protected under EU data protection laws.
In most cases, the safeguards that we put in place will be either:
- a decision by the European Commission that the country to which the data is being transferred provides an adequate level or protection; or
- we will put in place a contract with the recipient of your personal information which contains the model clauses that have been approved by the European Commission.
Collection of information by third party websites
Our Website(s) may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our Website(s), you should note that we do not have any control over those other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such websites and such websites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the websites in question.
What are cookies
A cookie is a small amount of information that is downloaded to your computer or device when you visit certain websites. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you do not have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for example, whether it is their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
Our Websites utilise the platform provided by Shopify Inc. They place cookies for visitors of our Websites including cookies that are necessary for the functioning of our online store, as well as for reporting and analytics purposes (please see https://www.shopify.com/legal/cookies). Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application.
How to control cookies
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Removing or blocking cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies, please consult your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org
Your right to request details of the personal information we hold about you
You have the right to request details of the personal information that we hold about you by emailing us using our Contact Us information. A small administrative fee will be payable.
Revisions to this privacy statement
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. Please keep us informed of any changes to your personal information.
How to contact us
Odette and Elliott Limited
Registered in England: 10022166